Old 12-13-2011, 11:15 AM
Errol Sapir

Default sound with skype

I have had a microphone/sound problem
with Kubuntu while trying to use Skype since version Nattty. I
thought that by upgrading to Oneiric the problem would be solved
but that wasn't what happened. I cannot use the microphone in
Skype. The loudspeakers work, i.e. I hear but cannot speak to
anyone, not even does the test microphone work. On the same
computer my dual-booted Windows 7 works flawlessly.

I have (in the past) removed pulse-sound,
tried working without it, added it again and tried many
workarounds to no avail. Any solution will be appreciated.

TIA

Errol

Old 12-13-2011, 11:47 AM
Mark Greenwood

Is it just Skype? Can you record into another application (e.g. audacity)?. If not then you probably need to mess with the mixer (alsamixer) or KMix to select the correct audio input. Depending on your sound card there might be some alsa module options that need to be set. What computer is it?
Mark
On 13 Dec 2011, at 12:15, Errol Sapir wrote:I have had a microphone/sound problem with Kubuntu while trying to use Skype since version Nattty. I thought that by upgrading to Oneiric the problem would be solved but that wasn't what happened. I cannot use the microphone in Skype. The loudspeakers work, i.e. I hear but cannot speak to anyone, not even does the test microphone work. On the same computer my dual-booted Windows 7 works flawlessly.
I have (in the past) removed pulse-sound, tried working without it, added it again and tried many workarounds to no avail. Any solution will be appreciated.TIAErrol
--*
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com