-   -   Nepomukindexer (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/609219-nepomukindexer.html)

"O. Sinclair" 12-12-2011 05:42 AM

Nepomukindexer

Has anyone else experienced that nepomukindexer grabs 25% of CPU -
especially when it indexes pdf files?

And can someone explain why it keeps reindexing files I have not touched
"since forever"?

Kindly
Sinclair

Georgi Kourtev 12-12-2011 05:52 AM

Nepomukindexer

I have the same issue. The CPU usahe is even more than 25%.

Gk

На 12.12.2011 08:44 "O. Sinclair" <o.sinclair@gmail.com> написа:

uteck 12-12-2011 02:48 PM

Nepomukindexer

KDE gets so close to being awesome, but things like nepomuk just drag
it down into a nigh gnomish nightmare.
Once I disabled it from running my system became usable again.

2011/12/12 Georgi Kourtev <gkourtev@gmail.com>:
> I have the same issue. The CPU usahe is even more than 25%.
> Gk
>
> На 12.12.2011 08:44 "O. Sinclair" <o.sinclair@gmail.com> написа:
>
>> Has anyone else experienced that nepomukindexer grabs 25% of CPU -
>> especially when it indexes pdf files?
>>
>> And can someone explain why it keeps reindexing files I have not touched
>> "since forever"?
>>
>> Kindly
>> Sinclair
>>
>> --

no .sig found
Please restart your browser.

Mark Greenwood 12-12-2011 03:22 PM

Nepomukindexer

On 12 Dec 2011, at 06:42, O. Sinclair wrote:

> Has anyone else experienced that nepomukindexer grabs 25% of CPU - especially when it indexes pdf files?

Yeah, because it's crap :)

> And can someone explain why it keeps reindexing files I have not touched "since forever"?

See above :) Same reason it keeps reindexing files on my external disc even though I've told it not to.

Are there any vacancies for paid software testers at Canonical? Because I'm fed up of doing it for free.

Mark

Bruce Marshall 12-12-2011 04:13 PM

Nepomukindexer

On Monday, December 12, 2011 09:48:04 uteck wrote:
> KDE gets so close to being awesome, but things like nepomuk just drag
> it down into a nigh gnomish nightmare.
> Once I disabled it from running my system became usable again.
>
> 2011/12/12 Georgi Kourtev <gkourtev@gmail.com>:

+1

and add my vote to do away with akonadi

Kaj Haulrich 12-12-2011 04:25 PM