Old 12-13-2011, 03:17 AM
"O. Sinclair"

Default Nepomukindexer

On 12/12/11 22:15, Bruce Marshall wrote:

On Monday, December 12, 2011 19:36:16 Mark Greenwood wrote:

That's great and I'm glad somebody is looking at it, but from my point of
view this is KDE 4.7.. the important part of that is SEVEN… we're coming up
to what, 2 years and 7 major releases since KDE 4.0 and this stuff still
doesn't work. Why is it even in there at all?

Whoever's behind KDE needs to take a big deep breath and realise that people
try to use their software as a part of their lives. Including components
which aren't finished and don't work and are a nightmare to configure
(akonadi has been this way since its first release) gives KDE 4 a VERY bad
reputation. I still think the idea behind nepomuk and strigi is a good one,
but the implementation of it is nowhere near ready for everyday use. It's
annoying a lot of people and making many switch away from KDE. Perhaps they
don't care, but I do.

Mark

+1 (again)

And add to this the disaster they call Kmail2. And why, almost 2 months
after the release of 11.10, haven't they fix some of the bugs. 1) Find
messages doesn't work, 2) fill-in of addresses doesn't work.

both find/search messages and fill-in of addresses work for me, Kubuntu
11.10 and kdepim 4.7.3

Sinclair

Old 12-13-2011, 01:14 PM
China

I decide uninstall the KDE (plasma) desktop on my netbook. The akonadi and nepomuk causes battery poor life.

Before this, I try uninstall only kdepim, but all kde are mn arked to uninstall.

If one day on a future the kde team privide a clean and rational release, or a release WITHOUT nepomuk and akonadi, I become to use again!

--

Sent from my Android Samsung Galaxy S2

Old 12-13-2011, 02:50 PM
Bruce Marshall

On Tuesday, December 13, 2011 06:17:48 O. Sinclair wrote:
> > And add to this the disaster they call Kmail2. And why, almost 2
> > months after the release of 11.10, haven't they fix some of the
> > bugs. 1) Find messages doesn't work, 2) fill-in of addresses
> > doesn't work.
>
> both find/search messages and fill-in of addresses work for me, Kubuntu
> 11.10 and kdepim 4.7.3

Must be some connection problem with &(&^$ akonadi. I've googled it but a
lot of people are having the problem with no solutions.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:24 PM
"O. Sinclair"