-   -   Kontact/KMail help / manual (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/609217-kontact-kmail-help-manual.html)

"O. Sinclair" 12-12-2011 05:38 AM

Kontact/KMail help / manual

for those who, like me, wonder why there is no manual or help when you
press F1 or try to open the handbook in Kontact/KMail:

install the kdepim-doc package (I think it was at least) and there it is.

Kubuntu packagers - I am not sure it is a good idea to not have that
installed by default...

Sinclair

ray burke 12-12-2011 07:05 PM

Kontact/KMail help / manual

O.Sinclair,

how do I install kdepim-doc within K10.10 MM?

ray

"O. Sinclair" 12-13-2011 03:15 AM

Kontact/KMail help / manual

how do I install kdepim-doc within K10.10 MM?

ray

for those who, like me, wonder why there is no manual or help when you
press F1 or try to open the handbook in Kontact/KMail:
install the kdepim-doc package (I think it was at least) and there it is.

Kubuntu packagers - I am not sure it is a good idea to not have that
installed by default...

Ray, I am afraid I have no idea as my computer is on 11.10 and this is
the first time I found out about this. Hope someone else reads this and
can assist you.

ray burke 12-13-2011 03:19 AM

Kontact/KMail help / manual

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 3:15 PM, O. Sinclair <o.sinclair@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/12/11 22:05, ray burke wrote:
>>
>> O.Sinclair,
>>
>> how do I install kdepim-doc within K10.10 MM?
>>
>> ray
>>
>> On 12/12/11, O. Sinclair<o.sinclair@gmail.com> *wrote:
>>>
>>> for those who, like me, wonder why there is no manual or help when you
>>> press F1 or try to open the handbook in Kontact/KMail:
>>> install the kdepim-doc package (I think it was at least) and there it is.
>>>
>>> Kubuntu packagers - I am not sure it is a good idea to not have that
>>> installed by default...
>>>
> Ray, I am afraid I have no idea as my computer is on 11.10 and this is the
> first time I found out about this. Hope someone else reads this and can
> assist you.

O.Sinclair,

OK thanks
can anyone else help please?

ray

Nils Kassube 12-13-2011 06:57 AM

Kontact/KMail help / manual

ray burke wrote:
> how do I install kdepim-doc within K10.10 MM?

From <http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=kdepim-doc&searchon=names&suite=maverick&section=all>
I would expect to find it with any package manager. Search for the
package kdepim-doc and install from there. Another option would be the
command

sudo apt-get install kdepim-doc

in a terminal (konsole).

Nils

ray burke 12-13-2011 06:20 PM

Kontact/KMail help / manual

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 6:57 PM, Nils Kassube <kassube@gmx.net> wrote:
> ray burke wrote:
>> how do I install kdepim-doc within K10.10 MM?
>
> From <http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=kdepim-doc&searchon=names&suite=maverick&section=all>
> I would expect to find it with any package manager. Search for the
> package kdepim-doc and install from there. Another option would be the
> command
>
> sudo apt-get install kdepim-doc
>
> in a terminal (konsole).
>

> Nils

Nils,

I will attempt to do the above and let you know how I go

ray

"Bas G. Roufs " 12-14-2011 03:59 PM

Kontact/KMail help / manual

> > how do I install kdepim-doc within K10.10 MM?

> e=maverick&section=all> I would expect to find it with any package manager.

> Search for the package kdepim-doc and install from there...

Yesterday, I effectively managed to do so via the package manager "Synaptic". I simply searched there for kdepim-doc and installed it. And: for the first time in all those years I have been using KDE, the Kontact handbook does pop up :-).

However, one question remains in this context. Via HELP, it is possible to change the "application language" of Kontact. However, the help texts remain in the previous language in such a case. The only way I have found so far to switch the help texts to another language is to adapt the overall system language.

Respectfully yours,

Bas.

--

====

Bas G. Roufs MA

Van 't Hoffstraat 1

NL-3514 VT Utrecht

+31 30 785 20 40

+31 6 446 835 10

BasRoufs@gmail.com

OS: Linux Kubuntu 11.04, kubuntu.org

Websites in construction:

* rainbowgathering.eu

* basroufs.eu

* viaconsensus.nl

ray burke 12-14-2011 07:01 PM

Kontact/KMail help / manual

Bas,

I will attempt to download as shows within my kpackagekit!

ray