Old 12-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Thomas Olsen

Default Dictionary plasmoid stopped working?

Is it just at my end that the Dictionary plasmoid has stopped working? Nothing
happens whatever I enter in the input field.
With my lousy vocabulary I'm heavily dependant on it.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Olsen

Old 12-10-2011, 02:41 PM
Mark Fraser

On Saturday 10 Dec 2011 15:29:14 Thomas Olsen wrote:

> Is it just at my end that the Dictionary plasmoid has stopped working?

> Nothing happens whatever I enter in the input field.

> With my lousy vocabulary I'm heavily dependant on it.

*

It isn't just you, I added it to my desktop just now to try it and nothing happened when I entered some text.

*

Old 12-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Kaj Haulrich

Is it just at my end that the Dictionary plasmoid has stopped working?
Nothing happens whatever I enter in the input field.
With my lousy vocabulary I'm heavily dependant on it.

It isn't just you, I added it to my desktop just now to try it and nothing
happened when I entered some text.

Same problem on 12.04 - so I guess it's an upstream issue.

Kaj Haulrich.
--
--- Sent from a 100% Microsoft-free computer---
--------- Running Linux Kubuntu 12.04 ---------

Old 12-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Waleed Hamra

On 10/12/11 20:36, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> On 12/10/2011 04:41 PM, Mark Fraser wrote:
>> On Saturday 10 Dec 2011 15:29:14 Thomas Olsen wrote:
>>> Is it just at my end that the Dictionary plasmoid has stopped working?
>>> Nothing happens whatever I enter in the input field.
>>> With my lousy vocabulary I'm heavily dependant on it.
>>
>> It isn't just you, I added it to my desktop just now to try it and
>> nothing
>> happened when I entered some text.
>>
> Same problem on 12.04 - so I guess it's an upstream issue.
>
> Kaj Haulrich.

the issue is not with KDE itself, but rather dict.org misbehaving.
currently they have a database error, and i'm afraid i'm not aware of
anyway of changing the plasmoid's default server.

--
Waleed K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems

Old 12-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Thomas Olsen

On Saturday 10 December 2011 22:19 Waleed Hamra wrote:
> On 10/12/11 20:36, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> >>
> >> It isn't just you, I added it to my desktop just now to try it and
> >> nothing
> >> happened when I entered some text.
> >
> > Same problem on 12.04 - so I guess it's an upstream issue.
> >
> > Kaj Haulrich.
>
> the issue is not with KDE itself, but rather dict.org misbehaving.
> currently they have a database error, and i'm afraid i'm not aware of
> anyway of changing the plasmoid's default server.

Should have thought of that but wasn't even aware it was using dict.org. Let's
hope they get it up and running again.

There's a link to webmaster but they have probably already loads of mails
coming in.

Thanks for the info.