Old 12-09-2011, 03:33 PM
"D. R. Evans"

Default amarok collection db

Following today's KDE updates, amarok seems to have completely forgotten
everything about my music collection (in particular, stuff like the rating
and the date that each song was last played).

How do I restore this information to amarok?

I have backups of the entire .kde hierarchy, having learned a while ago not
to trust KDE4 updates not to do horrible things.

Doc

--
Web: http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR

Old 12-09-2011, 04:24 PM
Waleed Hamra

On 12/09/2011 06:33 PM, D. R. Evans wrote:
> Following today's KDE updates, amarok seems to have completely forgotten
> everything about my music collection (in particular, stuff like the rating
> and the date that each song was last played).
>
> How do I restore this information to amarok?
>
> I have backups of the entire .kde hierarchy, having learned a while ago not
> to trust KDE4 updates not to do horrible things.

normally, amarok stores this information in ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok
you can try replacing that directory from a backup.
lately, i started using a mysql database to keep my data, just because
of all these issues.

--
Waleed K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems