-   -   SOLVED - Dual monitors in 11.04 (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/604474-solved-dual-monitors-11-04-a.html)

Billie Walsh 11-29-2011 08:38 PM

SOLVED - Dual monitors in 11.04

On 11/28/2011 07:07 PM, Billie Walsh wrote:

I've been futzing around most of the day trying to get dual monitors set
up with an Nvidia GeForce 8800 video card. One monitor on the DVI output
and the other on the VGA out. Downloaded the latest and greatest drivers
and installed them. Now shows both monitors in the Nvidia X server
settings. Both monitors now show the same screen, I just can't seem to
get them to work as separate screens. Have the setting in the X server
settings set to "Separate X Screen" [ should it be "Twin View" ]. Have
the screen I want as secondary to the right in the settings.

According to Nvidia web site it should be able to do. The card is
supposed to support it. Didn't see anything about it in the driver stuff
so ................

Most everything I found with Google and on the Ubuntu site dealt with
older versions [ like 9.0x or something ].

What am I missing? Any suggestions?

Any help greatly appreciated.

I had a setting in Nvidia X Settings wrong. Changed it to Twin View and
now it works like it should.

--
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain
the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the

- Patrick Henry -