Old 11-29-2011, 08:20 PM
panos zafiriou

Default I wonder if there is a solution...

I have an old Toshiba Satellite (2007) that had 2 memory cards that added up to 1gb. It runs kubuntu dual boot (grub) with XP but I almost never use XP.*

I recently decided to upgrade its ram with 2x2Gb so-dimm to breath some life into it. After switching the cards I tried to turn it back on but although the power light came on and sounded like the CDR came on nothing else happened after that.

Does anyone have any clues that it might be due to kubuntu and that I happened killed the poor laptop? Is there a chance to get it running with a live CD? Any suggestions as to what I should do next?

thanks in advance
bad_robot