-   -   Audio Drops In Kubuntu (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/604354-audio-drops-kubuntu.html)

Swapnil Bhartiya 11-29-2011 04:25 PM

Audio Drops In Kubuntu

I started to miss Ubuntu ;-) Ran into yet another problem. The audio
suddenly dropped and I could not play anything. Under audio settings it
only shows pulse audio.

I have p7p55d -e LX motherboard VIA HD Sound card. It happened before
with 11.04 and since audio will disappear any time I switched to Ubuntu.
This time I want to stick to Kubuntu, any help welcome.

--
Editor: Muktware.com<br>
Skype: No Way...its non-free. Looking for alternatives<br>

Steve Riley 12-02-2011 09:36 PM

Audio Drops In Kubuntu

Happens to me on occasion, too. I learned from the KDE page on PulseAudio's
wiki that running start-pulseaudio-kde fixes this.
Temporarily, at least, until the problem recurs.

Steve Riley

stvrly@gmail.com