Old 11-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Swapnil Bhartiya

Default Can't run UNetbootin

Hi,

I am trying to create a LiveUSB for that I installed Unetbootin. But
when I run UNetboot in it asks for password. I enter the password by it
says that's incorrect (I know my passwords ;-))

Eventually it fails. Please suggest. Runs ok on Ubuntu, problem is only
on Kubuntu.

Failed to run /usr/bin/unetbootin 'rootcheck=no' as user root.

--
Editor: Muktware.com<br>
Skype: No Way...its non-free. Looking for alternatives<br>

Old 11-29-2011, 06:38 PM
Leslie Anne Chatterton

I've had the same problem. My workaround is to open a terminal window,
sudo into root and start ubnetbootin from the command line. Not an
elegant solution but it works.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:29 AM
Hendrik Elsner

A more elegant workaround for kubuntu is to change the application shortcut command.

- Right-click the menu-icon and click on "Edit Applications..." to open KDE Menu Editor.

- On the Application list expand the System-category and select UNetbootin.- Change the Command to "kdesu /usr/bin/unetbootin" (without quotes) essentially adding "kdesu ".

And you're done.

This solution also works with other similar problems with programs requesting root authorization.

**

>I've had the same problem. My workaround is to open a terminal window,

>sudo into root and start ubnetbootin from the command line. Not an

>elegant solution but it works.

>>On 29 November 2011 11:39, Swapnil Bhartiya <swapnil.bhartiya@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi,

>> I am trying to create a LiveUSB for that I installed Unetbootin. But when I

>> run UNetboot in it asks for password. I enter the password by it says that's

>> incorrect (I know my passwords ;-))

>> Eventually it fails. Please suggest. Runs ok on Ubuntu, problem is only on

>> Kubuntu.

>> Failed to run /usr/bin/unetbootin 'rootcheck=no' as user root.

>> --

>> Editor: Muktware.com<br>

>> Skype: No Way...its non-free. Looking for alternatives<br>

>> Facebook: http://facebook.com/muktware<br>

>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/muktware

>> Google+ : https://plus.google.com/109027644713767623413/posts

>> --