Old 11-29-2011, 09:55 AM
Alvin

Default Crashes Every time

On Tuesday 29 November 2011 11:15:24 Thomas Olsen wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 November 2011 10:27 Swapnil Bhartiya wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Kubuntu crashes every time I shutdown the PC. I get this error: Plasma
> > Crashed and then:
> >
> > Executable: plasma-desktop PID: 1751 Signal: Segmentation fault (11)
>
> Do you see this in the DrKonqi crash assistant? Then you should submit a bug
> report. Simply stating that it crashes gives no info at all. With a
> backtrace the developers will have a chance to figure out what's happening.

I can confirm the behaviour. Plasma crashes on logout/shutdown. Not every
time, but most of the time. (Same with sending mails with Kmail.)

The problem with sending a backtrace is that it happens on logout.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:01 AM
Lindsay Mathieson

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 11:15:24 AM Thomas Olsen wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 November 2011 10:27 Swapnil Bhartiya wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Kubuntu crashes every time I shutdown the PC. I get this error: Plasma
> > Crashed and then:
> >
> > Executable: plasma-desktop PID: 1751 Signal: Segmentation fault (11)
>
> Do you see this in the DrKonqi crash assistant? Then you should submit a bug
> report. Simply stating that it crashes gives no info at all. With a
> backtrace the developers will have a chance to figure out what's happening.

I have the same problem and you can't submit a crash report because the PC is
shutting down.
--
Lindsay

Old 11-29-2011, 10:25 AM
Thomas Olsen

On Tuesday 29 November 2011 21:01 Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 11:15:24 AM Thomas Olsen wrote:
> > On Tuesday 29 November 2011 10:27 Swapnil Bhartiya wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Kubuntu crashes every time I shutdown the PC. I get this error:
> > > Plasma
> > > Crashed and then:
> > >
> > > Executable: plasma-desktop PID: 1751 Signal: Segmentation fault (11)
> >
> > Do you see this in the DrKonqi crash assistant? Then you should submit a
> > bug report. Simply stating that it crashes gives no info at all. With a
> > backtrace the developers will have a chance to figure out what's
> > happening.
> I have the same problem and you can't submit a crash report because the PC
> is shutting down.

Does it also crash on logout? I think DrKonqie blocks logout.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Olsen