Old 11-28-2011, 08:11 AM
Georgi Kourtev

Default Network manager and Mobile connections

Hi all,

Since upgrade to the latest version of Kubuntu 11.10, the network manager
cannot connect through a mobile GSM/UMTS. When I open the Network manager
properties the Mobile connection tab is not active. All worked fine before the
upgrade. I am using mobile modem Alcatel model X060S.
Thanks.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:24 AM
"O. Sinclair"

Since upgrade to the latest version of Kubuntu 11.10, the network manager
cannot connect through a mobile GSM/UMTS. When I open the Network manager
properties the Mobile connection tab is not active. All worked fine before the
upgrade. I am using mobile modem Alcatel model X060S.
Thanks.

check if usb-modeswitch package is installed, at least for me that is
needed for some modems