-   -   Network manager and Mobile connections (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/603721-network-manager-mobile-connections.html)

Georgi Kourtev 11-28-2011 08:11 AM

Network manager and Mobile connections

Hi all,

Since upgrade to the latest version of Kubuntu 11.10, the network manager
cannot connect through a mobile GSM/UMTS. When I open the Network manager
properties the Mobile connection tab is not active. All worked fine before the
upgrade. I am using mobile modem Alcatel model X060S.
Thanks.

"O. Sinclair" 11-28-2011 08:24 AM

Network manager and Mobile connections

Since upgrade to the latest version of Kubuntu 11.10, the network manager
cannot connect through a mobile GSM/UMTS. When I open the Network manager
properties the Mobile connection tab is not active. All worked fine before the
upgrade. I am using mobile modem Alcatel model X060S.
Thanks.

check if usb-modeswitch package is installed, at least for me that is
needed for some modems