Old 11-29-2011, 01:37 AM
"Juan R. de Silva"

Default digital clock widget shows time only in 24 hours format

On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 21:12:51 -0500, Bruce Marshall wrote:

> On Tuesday, November 29, 2011 02:01:22 AM Juan R. de Silva wrote:
>> Oh boy, I've just noticed that Dolphin does not respect the 12 hours
>> format either. So it is not only clock widgets. It is system wide
>> problem. This is really annoying.
>
> If that's your only problem, I'll trade you machines..... :-(

Well, my login screen right now greeted me with Monday, Nov.23, 06:29PM
time. Dolphin shows 2011-11-28 18:30 for a file created just now. My
clock widgets displayed (until workaround found) Mon., Nov. 23, 18:29.

Coming from GNOME2 I've just not used to this yet. :-) And then it's
really boring being forced to think in 2 different time formats at the
same time.

And, no offence to Kubuntu, I've just checked Dolphin with Majeia and
openSUSE they do not suffer from this.

If it is a bug I probably need to report it. But I'll take some more time
to look into it first.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:46 AM
"D. R. Evans"

Juan R. de Silva said the following at 11/28/2011 06:01 PM :

> Anybody knows were Digital Clock keeps its settings. It might provide
> helpful to delete existing settings and thus to force it to refresh
> itself. But I have no idea where to look for them.

I'd like to know that too, so I can set the font size in the panel
properly. I have three clocks in the panel. Two look fine. The font on the
third is the wrong size (indeeed, it's so large that it's actually clipped
for some values of the displayed time).

I asked here a while ago to try to find out where the values are stored,
but the only response I received, which I'm sure was well meaning, said
that clock fonts auto-size themselves. But they don't, at least not here,
otherwise all three clocks would have the same sized font. So I want to
know where the file is that sets these things, to see what values are in there.

I don't know why this information (i.e., where the configuration values for
things like the font size) isn't readily available when one right-clicks
plasmoids.

Doc

--
Web: http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR

Old 11-29-2011, 05:57 AM
Basil Chupin

[...]

You may want to read this to get an idea of how to work with KDE 4.7.x
(I am using 4.7.3). If you are having a hassle with anything on the
Taskbar - including the clock - you can replace it with the default
taskbar and then build it up from there to what you now have re
quicklaunch icons etc etc.

A hint if you do want to replace the Taskbar with the clean, default
one: DELETE the current one before installing the default one.

BC

--
Diapers and politicians should be changed often; both for the same reason.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:31 AM
George Dvorak

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 10:57 PM, Basil Chupin <blchupin@iinet.net.au> wrote:

[...]

The information for your panels is stored in ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc and also in ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals which stores amongst other things the digital clock formatting information. Be aware that the characters that you enter in the Country/Region & Language - KDE Control Module Date & Time window are different than the characters that are stored here.

If you want I can help you set up the Adjustable Clock.

If you want I will create a cross reference file for you but it will take a few more days.

As It was with my researching what I have gotten so far I screwed my system and had to reinstall Kubuntu.

*