Old 11-26-2011, 11:33 AM
Glenn Holmer

Default alt-F2 too wide

My minicli (alt-F2) is expanded to the entire width of the screen and
won't resize even if I move it away from the edge. How can I resize it
to be narrower?

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)

Old 11-26-2011, 02:11 PM
Paul Kaplan

Try moving the mouse over one of the edges. *It should change to double-headed arrow which will allow click 'n drag the edge and change the size.Paul

Old 11-26-2011, 03:17 PM
Glenn Holmer

On 11/26/2011 09:11 AM, Paul Kaplan wrote:
> Try moving the mouse over one of the edges. It should change to
> double-headed arrow which will allow click 'n drag the edge and change
> the size.
> Paul

Doesn't work. I get the resize cursor, and I even get the move cursor,
and can move it away from the edges of the screen. I can resize it
vertically, but not horizontally.

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)

Old 11-26-2011, 03:38 PM
Paul Kaplan

Can you find a config file for krunner and edit manually?

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)

Old 11-26-2011, 04:18 PM
Glenn Holmer

On 11/26/2011 10:38 AM, Paul Kaplan wrote:
> Can you find a config file for krunner and edit manually?

Edited ~/.kde/share/config/krunnerrc and changed this:

[Interface]
Size=1920,42

to this:

[Interface]
Size=800,42

but I'd dearly love to know how it got that way.

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)

Old 11-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Bruce Marshall

On Saturday, November 26, 2011 11:18:42 AM Glenn Holmer wrote:
> On 11/26/2011 10:38 AM, Paul Kaplan wrote:
> > Can you find a config file for krunner and edit manually?
>
> Edited ~/.kde/share/config/krunnerrc and changed this:
>
> [Interface]
> Size=1920,42
>
> to this:
>
> [Interface]
> Size=800,42
>
> but I'd dearly love to know how it got that way.

I have a similar problem with konsole screens. They always open at 420 x
1080 which makes them as tall as my screen. I can change their size with
the cursor and have set the "save size when closing" box but they always open
to the same large size.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:22 AM
Valter Mura

Try moving the mouse over one of the edges. It should change to
double-headed arrow which will allow click 'n drag the edge and change
the size.
Paul

Doesn't work. I get the resize cursor, and I even get the move cursor,
and can move it away from the edges of the screen. I can resize it
vertically, but not horizontally.

Very strange. This works for me. Kubuntu Oneiric 11.10

--
Valter
*Open Source is better!*