Old 10-22-2011, 08:20 AM
Nigel Ridley

Default Ugly fonts after changing font settings - Fixed

On 10/21/2011 10:06 PM, Nigel Ridley wrote:

Oneiric.

This is terrible :-(
I tried changing fonts to make Google Earth's fonts nicer - which they are now, but no matter
what I try in System Settings -> Application Appearance -> and various entries I can't get my
system fonts back to looking nice again. No matter which fonts I try, or if I change the settings
for the anti-aliasing, all my system fonts in all apps look as if they have no anti-aliasing.

How can I get things back to normal? I've tried logging out and rebooting but no joy.

Nigel

I ended up doing a fresh install again and now the fonts are looking good again.
I think the problem was that I installed qt-config and tried to change the font setting there.

Nigel