Old 10-21-2011, 08:31 PM
Nigel Ridley

Default Can't create new user in Oneiric

Can somebody else confirm this.
To see if my ugly font problem is effecting just my account I tried to create a new user System
Settings -> User Management.
I created a new user but then when trying to log into said new user I get a pop-up asking me to
change the password (Root enforced) but I can only at most, and sometime not at all, type in 3
characters and then it hangs - I can't even move to the 'Confirm Password' box. I tried several
times and once the mouse cursor disappeared and I had to press the on/off button to reboot.

Nigel

Old 10-22-2011, 08:00 AM
Nils Kassube

Nigel Ridley wrote:
> To see if my ugly font problem is effecting just my account I tried
> to create a new user System Settings -> User Management.
> I created a new user but then when trying to log into said new user I
> get a pop-up asking me to change the password (Root enforced) but I
> can only at most, and sometime not at all, type in 3 characters and
> then it hangs - I can't even move to the 'Confirm Password' box. I
> tried several times and once the mouse cursor disappeared and I had
> to press the on/off button to reboot.

No problem here to create and login to a new user with Oneiric, but your
description reminds me of a machine I was using until a few years ago.
That machine had an insufficient cooling and sometimes such strange
things happened. Another idea: Do you use a wireless keyboard + mouse?
Then maybe there was some radio interference when your problem happened.

Nils