Old 10-21-2011, 08:06 PM
Nigel Ridley

Default Ugly fonts after changing font settings

Oneiric.

This is terrible :-(
I tried changing fonts to make Google Earth's fonts nicer - which they are now, but no matter
what I try in System Settings -> Application Appearance -> and various entries I can't get my
system fonts back to looking nice again. No matter which fonts I try, or if I change the settings
for the anti-aliasing, all my system fonts in all apps look as if they have no anti-aliasing.

How can I get things back to normal? I've tried logging out and rebooting but no joy.

Nigel

Old 10-21-2011, 09:43 PM
Nigel Ridley

I tried changing fonts to make Google Earth's fonts nicer - which they are now, but no matter
what I try in System Settings -> Application Appearance -> and various entries I can't get my
system fonts back to looking nice again. No matter which fonts I try, or if I change the settings
for the anti-aliasing, all my system fonts in all apps look as if they have no anti-aliasing.

How can I get things back to normal? I've tried logging out and rebooting but no joy.

Nigel

I tried renaming .kde to .kde (after logging out) but the ugly fonts were still there.
So how do I get the good looking fonts back again??

Nigel

Old 10-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Jonas Norlander

2011/10/21 Nigel Ridley <nigel@prayingforisrael.net>:

> I tried renaming .kde to .kde (after logging out) but the ugly fonts were
> still there.
> So how do I get the good looking fonts back again??

There are a folder ~/.fontconfig tried to rename it? There is also a
~/.config where program store settings and a ~/.local for data.

/ Jonas

Old 10-21-2011, 10:09 PM
Nigel Ridley

I tried renaming .kde to .kde (after logging out) but the ugly fonts were
still there.
So how do I get the good looking fonts back again??

There are a folder ~/.fontconfig tried to rename it? There is also a
~/.config where program store settings and a ~/.local for data.

/ Jonas

I tried renaming both ~/.fontconfig and ~/.config but the ugly fonts are still here :-(

There didn't seem to be anything interesting in ~/.local

Nigel