Old 10-20-2011, 02:55 PM
Nigel Ridley

Default Dolphin or Konqueror - revisited

Back a couple of years ago, when KDE 4x was released, there were a lot of complaints about Dolphin.

I just did a fresh/clean install of Oneiric (how does one pronounce it?) and couldn't figure out
how to get a 'tree' view of my directories on the left side panel in Dolphin. So I opened
Konqueror and started playing around with its options.
I know that both Konqueror and Dolphin use the same backend but the configuration of Konqueror is
much easier than Dolphin and there are more options in Konqueror than in Dolphin - including a
'tree' view of my directories on the left side panel! :-)

So I am moving 'back' to Konqueror....

Nigel

Old 10-20-2011, 03:53 PM
Mark Greenwood

Nigel,
In Dolphin press F7 or View->Panels->Folders.
Why it's not enabled by default I don't know...
Mark

Back a couple of years ago, when KDE 4x was released, there were a lot of complaints about Dolphin.

I just did a fresh/clean install of Oneiric (how does one pronounce it?) and couldn't figure out how to get a 'tree' view of my directories on the left side panel in Dolphin. So I opened Konqueror and started playing around with its options.

I know that both Konqueror and Dolphin use the same backend but the configuration of Konqueror is much easier than Dolphin and there are more options in Konqueror than in Dolphin - including a 'tree' view of my directories on the left side panel! :-)

Old 10-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Billie Walsh

In Dolphin press F7 or View->Panels->Folders.

Why it's not enabled by default I don't know...

Mark

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 3:55 PM, Nigel Ridley
Back a couple of years ago, when KDE 4x was released, there were a
lot of complaints about Dolphin.

I just did a fresh/clean install of Oneiric (how does one pronounce
it?) and couldn't figure out how to get a 'tree' view of my
directories on the left side panel in Dolphin. So I opened Konqueror
and started playing around with its options.
I know that both Konqueror and Dolphin use the same backend but the
configuration of Konqueror is much easier than Dolphin and there are
more options in Konqueror than in Dolphin - including a 'tree' view
of my directories on the left side panel! :-)

So I am moving 'back' to Konqueror....

Nigel

I was hoping someone would have the answer to Nigels problem. I never
played around enough to know this was even possible. Way cool.

Thanks Mark and Nigel.

--

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb." - Benjamin Franklin -

_ _... ..._ _
_._ ._ ..... ._.. ... .._

Old 10-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Nigel Ridley

In Dolphin press F7 or View->Panels->Folders.

Why it's not enabled by default I don't know...

Mark

F7 does display the directories but all of them, including everything under / and a not-so-nice
horizontal slide bar :-(
However in Konqueror, F9 displays only one's Home directory - much nicer and neater - but that's
why we love Linux - choice :-)

Nigel