Old 10-20-2011, 01:51 AM
Billie Walsh

Default Kubuntu 11.10 - first impression

I haven't heard much of what people think of the 11.10 Kubuntu. My
netbook, Asus EeePC 900, had a glitch, figure you can't leave them off
the charger for a couple months with SSHD's. Must need to have power to
the SSHD to keep it's memory or something. Well, anyway, it wouldn't
boot up to Ubuntu 11.04 so I decided to just install Kubuntu 11.10.

So far so good EXCEPT, what the H E Double-Hocky-Sticks is this thing
across the top. "Menu" - "Search and Launch" - "Page one" AND, what's
up with all the garbage on the desktop?

Call me weird, but I don't want all that junk on my desktop. Hate that
stuff.

I finally figured out how to get an Ap Launcher on the bar, but how do I
get rid of that other piece of garbage?

--

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb." - Benjamin Franklin -

Old 10-20-2011, 01:53 AM
"Alex Gabriel"

If you go into System Settings, then Workspaces you can change it from Netbook to Desktop. It's usually the first thing I do on a new install.
Alex Gabriel