-   -   Problem with kmenu (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/589314-problem-kmenu.html)

Paul Kaplan 10-20-2011 01:31 AM

Problem with kmenu

I did a semi-clean install of 11.10. *Semi-clean in that I did a clean install of /, but left /home intact, notably the kde config files.
I had kde 4.7 running before the upgrade with no problems.
After the upgrade, I can no longer make changes to the kmenu. *I make them, save them and they are never implemented even after restarting the entire system. *Even after renaming ~/.kde and allowing the system to rebuild the directory after login keeps the old kmenu listings.
How can I get back to the system default entries in kmenu?
Paul--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Steve Riley 10-20-2011 04:13 AM

Problem with kmenu

We've seen the same bug and briefly discussed it on the Kubuntu
Forums, too.

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=3118688.msg275011

Steve Riley

stvrly@gmail.com

Paul Kaplan 10-20-2011 10:30 AM

Problem with kmenu

It must be possible to copy the menu configuration files from a new user to an existing user to get the default setup, although I can't find a single file that contains this info. *I assume that they could then be manually edited. *What files are needed?Paul

Jonas Norlander 10-21-2011 04:30 AM

Problem with kmenu

If i remember correct custom menus are in "~/.config".

/ Jonas