Old 10-16-2011, 10:02 PM
Clay Weber

Default lucid: missing akonadi in System Setting | Advanced | Advanced User Settings

On Sunday, October 16, 2011 06:57:55 PM Michael Renner wrote:
> Moin,
>
> I decided to use Akonadi to synchronize kontact with google calendar.
>
> I found a tutorial, and after some installation steps these proceses are
> running:
> renner 4122 1 0 16:07 ? 00:00:00 /usr/bin/akonadi_control
> renner 4124 4122 0 16:07 ? 00:00:00 akonadiserver
> renner 4135 4124 0 16:07 ? 00:00:01 /usr/sbin/mysqld-akonadi --
> defaults-file=/home/renner/.local/share/akonadi//mysql.conf --
> datadir=/home/renner/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/ --
> socket=/home/renner/.local/share/akonadi/db_misc/mysql.socket
> renner 4168 4122 0 16:07 ? 00:00:00
> /usr/bin/akonadi_kcal_resource --identifier akonadi_kcal_resource_0
> renner 4169 4122 0 16:07 ? 00:00:00
> /usr/bin/akonadi_maildir_resource --identifier akonadi_maildir_resource_0
> renner 4170 4122 0 16:07 ? 00:00:00
> /usr/bin/akonadi_maildispatcher_agent --identifier
> akonadi_maildispatcher_agent
> renner 4171 4122 0 16:07 ? 00:00:00
> /usr/bin/akonadi_nepomuk_contact_feeder --identifier
> akonadi_nepomuk_contact_feeder
> renner 4173 4122 0 16:07 ? 00:00:00
> /usr/bin/akonadi_vcard_resource --identifier akonadi_vcard_resource_0
> renner 4174 4122 0 16:07 ? 00:00:00
> /usr/bin/akonadi_vcard_resource --identifier akonadi_vcard_resource_1
>

> But there is no akonadi Icon in System Setting | Advanced | Advanced User
> Settings. So: what do I have to configure?
>
> Thanks for hints
Not sure how well it works in Lucid, but you first need to install akonadi-kde-
resource-googledata. I remember it not working well in previous versions, but
not sure how far back it worked for me, probably maverick or natty. Then you
(I think - going on memory) have to look in System Settings >> personal
Information >> KDE resources and add the google resource there, and then (I
think) you go into Kontact and add a new calendar, the google resource you
just added should be an available choice. But this is from memory, the exact
location of the "kde resource" config area may be different. There are a lot of
little differences from kde 4.4 and 4.6 in System Settings, plus changes in
Akonadi itself.

There is another more involved method to sync google calendar data, but I
cannot remember the whats and hows. My search and my mind comes up blank.

clay