Old 10-15-2011, 08:31 AM
"Bas G. Roufs"

Default Kubuntu 11.04 and 11.10: how to flexibly change from one system language to another and back?

Hello everybody

There is one other advise I would appreciate before upgrading from Kubuntu 11.04 to 11.10 For various reasons, I need sometimes to change the language in Kubuntu - at the level of a single application or the overall system. Language flexibility in a single application (like LibreOffice or Kontact) is no problem any more, thanks to some improvements that have come with Kubuntu 11.04. But the overall system language is still a problem, when changing it: various buttons in the K-Menu, Dolphin, Desktop and panel bar keep the language in which the system has been installed. Via K-Menu > System Settings > Region and language, I do manage to change the system language "under the hood". But only some of the buttons appear in the new system language after a restart. I have no clue how to quickly adapt all the buttons to a new system language.

Thanks for your reply. Respectfully yours,

Bas Roufs.
--

====

Bas G. Roufs M.A.