Old 10-08-2011, 08:00 PM
Jason Paul Joines

Default update to KDE 4.6.5 in 11.10 natty resulted in ugly fonts

I'm using Kubuntu 11.04. I ran updates yesterday which updated KDE
to 4.6.5. After the updates, my system fonts are ugly. They are
particularly noticeable in Thunderbird where the message lists and
folder lists are almost unreadable.

Under System Settings -> Common Appearance and Behavior ->
Application Appearance -> Fonts, I have the Ubuntu font set for
everything other than fixed width which is set to Monospace. For System
Settings -> Common Appearance and Behavior -> GTK+ Appearance, I have
"Use my KDE fonts..". I can't remember for sure but I think the setting
are the same as I had before the upgrade. I've tried changing fonts but
it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Any ideas?

Jason

Old 10-09-2011, 05:40 AM
Girard Henri

you can change the police in kde systemsetting. Better update to
kde-4.7. If you use gtk-3 it's not yet fixed and it's not speciammy nice
in theme. Use other font like dejvu.