Old 09-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Thomas K Gamble

Default printer configuration problems

> I haven't seen this with 11.04, but did a few releases ago. My workaround

> was to install the gnome printer config applet to config the printers.

> They worked fine under KDE after that. Paul

Tried that just now and it failed with cups server errors. Turns out the init script for cups isn't working properly. If I start it with /etc/init.d/cups it appears to start and a process shows up but doesn't work properly. If I just run 'sudo cupsd' from the console, it loads and works fine. Happily printing now. I'll have to troubleshoot the init script when I have time to find the problem.

--

Thomas K. Gamble

Research Technologist, System/Network Administrator

Chemical Diagnostics and Engineering (C-CDE)

Los Alamos National Laboratory

MS-E543,p:505-665-4323 f:505-665-4267

"There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full."

Henry Kissinger