-   -   printer configuration problems (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/580866-printer-configuration-problems.html)

Thomas K Gamble 09-27-2011 07:57 PM

printer configuration problems

I finally made the change to 11.04. Did a clean install but now I can't seem to configure a printer. I get the KCModule error that was suposed to have been fixed in this release. I tried completely uninstalling cups and system-config-printer-kde and reinstalling but get the same error. Are there any workarounds to this?

Thanks

--

Thomas K. Gamble

Research Technologist, System/Network Administrator

Chemical Diagnostics and Engineering (C-CDE)

Los Alamos National Laboratory

MS-E543,p:505-665-4323 f:505-665-4267

"There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full."

Henry Kissinger

Paul Kaplan 09-27-2011 08:25 PM

printer configuration problems

I haven't seen this with 11.04, but did a few releases ago. *My workaround was to install the gnome printer config applet to config the printers. *They worked fine under KDE after that.
Paul