Old 02-17-2008, 10:12 PM
"Bas Roufs"

Default Strange laptop key board problem making me mad.

Hello everybody

At my desktop, I work very well with the key board ´ US Intl´ and a
compose key (the left win key in my case): througout the system, with
all applications. Until a few days ago, I had exactly the same
settings at the laptop. At both machines, I work with Kubuntu 7.10.
But because of some mistake I cannot reconstruct any more, the
settings there changed - to the effect that I could not compose any
accented characters there any more. So far, I managed to solve this
problem ONLY partly. I went to system settings > regional/ language>
key board. There I chose again ´US´ and the ´ intl.´ variant. At the
tab XKB settings, I chose again for the left WIN key as compose key.
These changes ONLY effect OPEN OFFICE.ORG. All the other applications/
software programs only work with ´US Basic´ instead of ´US Intl´ with
the compose key. This simply makes me mad.

I also followed exactly the same procedures as a root user: no extra
result whatsoever. So, I still have only accented characters in
OpenOffice.org. This is simply not acceptable for me. Please,
please... help me to get back US Intl. and the compose key throughout
the whole system.

Thank you very much!

Bas.

Viaconsensus
Bas G. Roufs M.A.
Van 't Hoffstraat 1
NL-3514 VT Utrecht
E.: BasRoufs@gmail.com
M.: +31.6.446.835.10.
T.: +31.30.785.20.40.

Old 02-18-2008, 01:14 AM

Boa noite, quero me desculpar, e gostaria de propor a vocês para tentar escrever em PORTUGUÊS, POIS ESTOU SEM TEMPO PARA PODER TRADUZIR SUAS MENSAGENS! uM ABRAÇO A TODOS....> Hello everybody