Old 09-21-2011, 11:31 PM
Jon Trulson

Default GIMP: how to correctly and effectively install it in Kubuntu 11.04?

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011, Bas Roufs wrote:

Hello everybody

In several previous versions of Kubuntu I did manage to successfully install
Gimp.
But now, in Kubuntu 11.04 it does not seem to work any more. I did install
Gimp and several dependencies. But whatever I try exactly, I simply do not
manage to get the package started. When I start the programme via K-Menu,
everything stops after about one minute. When I try to open .png or .jpg
files, exactly the same happens. Does anybody have a clue how to get Gimp
started in *Ubuntu 11.04?
Respectfully yours,
Bas Roufs.

I ran into the same problem. This 'workaround' worked for me:
http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=3117271.msg265844#msg265844

--
Jon Trulson

Q: How many Zen masters does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A: None. The Universe spins the bulb, and the Zen master stays out
of the way.