-   -   Missing kcontrol menus (was: No "GTK Styles and Fonts" in Kcontrol) (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/56450-missing-kcontrol-menus-no-gtk-styles-fonts-kcontrol.html)

"Dotan Cohen" 02-15-2008 02:52 PM

On 15/02/2008, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 15/02/2008, Donn <donn.ingle@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Friday, 15 February 2008 16:56:07 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > > How does one add the "GTK Styles and Fonts" menu item to "Kcontrol ->
> > > Appearance & Themes" in KDE 3.5.8 in Ubuntu?
> >
> > Strange, assuming you installed kubuntu-desktop I would have supposed that
> > would be automatic. You may need to install 'gtk-qt-engine', perhaps that'll
> > help.
>

> Thanks, the gtk-qt engine enabled the options.

Another missing menu item! I have no"KDE Components -> Component
Chooser". Note that this is a KDE install over Ubuntu 7.04, not
Kubuntu. And I cannot upgrade as [K]Ubuntu >= 7.10 does not support my
hardware (ATI card).

What is the command to launch the Component Chooser independent of Kcontrol?

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.