-   -   Major Java Errors (Very Odd) (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/55827-major-java-errors-very-odd.html)

Richard 02-14-2008 08:36 PM

Major Java Errors (Very Odd)

For Some reason, there is a problem with one computer,
which is running the same setup of Kubuntu 7.10

My Desktop pass the java applet test,
but my Laptop did not.

http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

Very Odd, since they both have the same SUN Java
and running the same OS Linux
almost a mirror pair, expect for a few more apps on the desktop computer.

I was using konqueror web browser, while doing this online test,
on both computers... again.. the laptop shown errors ( applet failed)

Java VM version: 1.6.0_03
Java VM vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
Java VM: Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.6.0_03
SecurityManager=org.kde.kjas.server.KJASSecurityMa nager@16cd7d5
Konqueror Java Console Help
c: clear console
g: run garbage collection
h: show help
m: show memory info
s: print system properties
t: list threads
x: empty classloader cache
Error during state 1
Backtrace:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class: jreCheck
at
org.kde.kjas.server.KJASAppletClassLoader.findClas s(KJASAppletClassLoader.java:244)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:3 06)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:2 51)
at
org.kde.kjas.server.KJASAppletClassLoader.loadClas s(KJASAppletClassLoader.java:254)
at
org.kde.kjas.server.KJASAppletStub$RunThread.doSta te(KJASAppletStub.java:167)
at org.kde.kjas.server.KJASAppletStub$RunThread.run(K JASAppletStub.java:255)
Error during state 1
Backtrace:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class: jreVerify
at
org.kde.kjas.server.KJASAppletClassLoader.findClas s(KJASAppletClassLoader.java:244)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:3 06)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:2 51)
at
org.kde.kjas.server.KJASAppletClassLoader.loadClas s(KJASAppletClassLoader.java:254)
at
org.kde.kjas.server.KJASAppletStub$RunThread.doSta te(KJASAppletStub.java:167)
at org.kde.kjas.server.KJASAppletStub$RunThread.run(K JASAppletStub.java:255)
Error during state 1
Backtrace:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class: testvm
at
org.kde.kjas.server.KJASAppletClassLoader.findClas s(KJASAppletClassLoader.java:244)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:3 06)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:2 51)
at
org.kde.kjas.server.KJASAppletClassLoader.loadClas s(KJASAppletClassLoader.java:254)
at
org.kde.kjas.server.KJASAppletStub$RunThread.doSta te(KJASAppletStub.java:167)
at org.kde.kjas.server.KJASAppletStub$RunThread.run(K JASAppletStub.java:255)
Anyone know of a way to check, to see what going wrong? with the java
installation on the laptop.

Major Thanks -
Richard

PS; I did re-install java on the laptop twice... still no luck.

Derek Broughton 02-15-2008 12:17 AM

Major Java Errors (Very Odd)

Richard wrote:

> For Some reason, there is a problem with one computer,
> which is running the same setup of Kubuntu 7.10
>
> My Desktop pass the java applet test,
> but my Laptop did not.
>
> http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
>
> Very Odd, since they both have the same SUN Java
> and running the same OS Linux
> almost a mirror pair, expect for a few more apps on the desktop computer.
>
> I was using konqueror web browser, while doing this online test,
> on both computers... again.. the laptop shown errors ( applet failed)
>
> Java VM version: 1.6.0_03

It's not the VM, it's the plugin. Do they both have sun-java6-plugin?
--
derek

Richard 02-15-2008 04:05 AM

Major Java Errors (Very Odd)

On Thursday 14 February 2008 8:17:41 pm Derek Broughton wrote:
> Richard wrote:
> > For Some reason, there is a problem with one computer,
> > which is running the same setup of Kubuntu 7.10
> >
> > My Desktop pass the java applet test,
> > but my Laptop did not.
> >
> > http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
> >
> > Very Odd, since they both have the same SUN Java
> > and running the same OS Linux
> > almost a mirror pair, expect for a few more apps on the desktop computer.
> >
> > I was using konqueror web browser, while doing this online test,
> > on both computers... again.. the laptop shown errors ( applet failed)
> >---------
> >
> > Java VM version: 1.6.0_03
>
> It's not the VM, it's the plugin. Do they both have sun-java6-plugin?
> --
> derek

yes, on both computers
Richard