Old 02-14-2008, 12:19 PM
Alain Muls

Default Proxy settings

Hi

I want to use korganiser where I have a personal (local) calendar and a
shared google calendar. At home this works OK, but at work the proxy is
getting in the way, allthough from kcontrol I sat "auto detect proxy".
This does not work for my KDE apps since I get every 10 mins or so a
"can not find proxy settings" warning.

Firefox has no problem with this automatic detection.

How to set this up for KDE apps?

Tx/Alain

Old 02-16-2008, 12:04 AM
"John DeCarlo"

I want to use korganiser where I have a personal (local) calendar and a
shared google calendar. At home this works OK, but at work the proxy is
getting in the way, allthough from kcontrol I sat "auto detect proxy".

This does not work for my KDE apps since I get every 10 mins or so a
"can not find proxy settings" warning.

Firefox has no problem with this automatic detection.

How to set this up for KDE apps?

I believe you want automatic detection of network changes, to include the proxy setting.*

There are various approaches you can use.*

If work has a proxy server accessible via URL, you can use the proxy configuration URL setting.* I believe when it finds nothing at home, it will go direct to the Internet.

Otherwise, you need something like NetworkManager that will detect what network you are on and apply the settings you want, including proxy.

--
John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own

Old 08-18-2008, 07:28 AM
"Leon Vergottini"

Hi
*
Can you guys please help me.* I have tried now several ways to get yum going from behind a proxy server.* In fact I have locked my account on 14 domain controllers today on our enterprise network.
*
I ahve tried adding the the proxy settings in the yum.conf file as per certain forums.* I have tried the export http_proxy option.* Still none is working.
*
Regards

Old 08-18-2008, 07:50 AM
"Ramprasad Rajendran"

Hi,

2008/8/18 Leon Vergottini <leon.vergottini@gmail.com>:
> Hi
>
> I ahve tried adding the the proxy settings in the yum.conf file as per
> certain forums. I have tried the export http_proxy option. Still none is
> working.

Does the proxy require authentication?
If authentication is required you'll have to use something like
export http_proxy="http://usernameassword@hostort"
export ftp_proxy="http://usernameassword@hostort"

--
ram