-   -   correction (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/55180-correction.html)

Constantinos Maltezos 02-14-2008 04:10 AM

correction

Okay, I'm a dummy. Obviously, 8.8.25 is older than the other two I mentioned.
Now, slap me around and call me Matilde, but to me, .8 is bigger than .455.
Bah.

Anyway. So, apparently the issue was resolved way back. I submit to you,
however, that it's back. I tried installing KDE4, managed to break my KDE3
and KDM was uninstalled, so when I rebooted it put me at the command line - a
perfectly visible, usable and beautiful command line. But, when I
did "startx" and tried to switch back, I got the black screen again. And
when I shut down, it gave me a couple of seconds of corrupted graphics.

I *will* figure this out, by damn, even if I have to threaten the ATI Linux
developers with my best friend's singing so they'll fix it.

Donn 02-14-2008 04:29 AM

correction

On Thursday, 14 February 2008 07:10:07 Constantinos Maltezos wrote:
> I *will* figure this out, by damn, even if I have to threaten the ATI Linux
> developers with my best friend's singing
Lol :) Good luck, it sounds like you have the perfect leverage!