Old 02-12-2008, 10:50 PM
"D. R. Evans"

Default personalizing about:konqueror

Where is the file that is displayed when I go to the URL "about:konqueror"?
I'd like to personalize that page to include some common destinations other
than just my home directory, but I haven't been able to find anything that
tells me which file is read when I go that URL.

Doc

Old 02-12-2008, 11:02 PM
Colin Pinkney

On Tuesday 12 Feb 2008, D. R. Evans wrote:
> Where is the file that is displayed when I go to the URL "about:konqueror"?
> I'd like to personalize that page to include some common destinations other
> than just my home directory, but I haven't been able to find anything that
> tells me which file is read when I go that URL.

/usr/share/apps/konqueror/about/launch.html

If you look at the URLs for the links for Introduction, Tips, etc, the pages
are all in the same folder and the initial page is the 'Starting Points'
page.

--
Colin Pinkney
http://www.cpinkney.org.uk

Old 02-14-2008, 09:02 PM
"D. R. Evans"

Colin Pinkney said the following at 02/12/2008 05:02 PM :
> On Tuesday 12 Feb 2008, D. R. Evans wrote:
>> Where is the file that is displayed when I go to the URL "about:konqueror"?
>> I'd like to personalize that page to include some common destinations other
>> than just my home directory, but I haven't been able to find anything that
>> tells me which file is read when I go that URL.
>
> /usr/share/apps/konqueror/about/launch.html

Hmmm.... so it's stored outside the user's file hierarchy? That sucks. So I
guess that my follow-on question is: do you know how I make
"about:konqueror" load a different page than
/usr/share/apps/konqueror/about/launch.html?

(I thought that there'd be a nice easy way to configure this in some
initialization file somewhere under ~/.kde, but if there is, it seems to be
hidden rather well.)

Doc

Old 02-14-2008, 11:53 PM
nepal

On Thursday 14 February 2008, D. R. Evans wrote:
> Hmmm.... so it's stored outside the user's file
> hierarchy? That sucks. So I guess that my follow-on
> question is: do you know how I make "about:konqueror"
> load a different page than
> /usr/share/apps/konqueror/about/launch.html?

what about removing or renaming the above launch.html file
and using the name "launch.html" to create a symbolic link
to the actual file you want to use.

nepal.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:24 AM
Derek Broughton

nepal wrote:

> On Thursday 14 February 2008, D. R. Evans wrote:
>> Hmmm.... so it's stored outside the user's file
>> hierarchy? That sucks. So I guess that my follow-on
>> question is: do you know how I make "about:konqueror"
>> load a different page than
>> /usr/share/apps/konqueror/about/launch.html?
>
> what about removing or renaming the above launch.html file
> and using the name "launch.html" to create a symbolic link
> to the actual file you want to use.

Most things in /usr/share/apps have corresponding overrides in
~/.kde/share/apps, so the first thing to try would be copying launch.html
to ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/about/launch.html and modifying that - and
sure enought, it works.
--
derek

Old 02-15-2008, 08:34 AM
Luís Silva

> >> Hmmm.... so it's stored outside the user's file
> >> hierarchy? That sucks. So I guess that my follow-on
> >> question is: do you know how I make "about:konqueror"
> >> load a different page than
> >> /usr/share/apps/konqueror/about/launch.html?
> >
> > what about removing or renaming the above launch.html file
> > and using the name "launch.html" to create a symbolic link
> > to the actual file you want to use.
>
> Most things in /usr/share/apps have corresponding overrides in
> ~/.kde/share/apps, so the first thing to try would be copying launch.html
> to ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/about/launch.html and modifying that - and
> sure enought, it works.
Why not simply set your homepage to whatever file you want?
You can do it by going to Settings/Configure Konqueror.../Behavior and then
setting the Home URL to the file you want.

Cheers,
--
Luís A. C. Silva
lacsilva@gmail.com

Old 02-15-2008, 09:11 AM
Derek Broughton

Luís Silva wrote:

>> > what about removing or renaming the above launch.html file
>> > and using the name "launch.html" to create a symbolic link
>> > to the actual file you want to use.
>>
>> Most things in /usr/share/apps have corresponding overrides in
>> ~/.kde/share/apps, so the first thing to try would be copying launch.html
>> to ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/about/launch.html and modifying that - and
>> sure enought, it works.

> Why not simply set your homepage to whatever file you want?
> You can do it by going to Settings/Configure Konqueror.../Behavior and
> then setting the Home URL to the file you want.

Well, that's what _I'd_ do - I didn't even know there was
an "about:konqueror" option until this came up. But since he asked... :-)
--
derek

Old 02-15-2008, 02:54 PM
"D. R. Evans"

Derek Broughton said the following at 02/15/2008 02:24 AM :

> Most things in /usr/share/apps have corresponding overrides in
> ~/.kde/share/apps,

That is a gem. Thanks very much.

Doc