Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Kubuntu User (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/)
-   -   personalizing about:konqueror (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/54121-personalizing-about-konqueror.html)

"D. R. Evans" 02-12-2008 10:50 PM

personalizing about:konqueror
 
Where is the file that is displayed when I go to the URL "about:konqueror"?
I'd like to personalize that page to include some common destinations other
than just my home directory, but I haven't been able to find anything that
tells me which file is read when I go that URL.

Doc

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users

Colin Pinkney 02-12-2008 11:02 PM

personalizing about:konqueror
 
On Tuesday 12 Feb 2008, D. R. Evans wrote:
> Where is the file that is displayed when I go to the URL "about:konqueror"?
> I'd like to personalize that page to include some common destinations other
> than just my home directory, but I haven't been able to find anything that
> tells me which file is read when I go that URL.

/usr/share/apps/konqueror/about/launch.html

If you look at the URLs for the links for Introduction, Tips, etc, the pages
are all in the same folder and the initial page is the 'Starting Points'
page.

--
Colin Pinkney
http://www.cpinkney.org.uk

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users

"D. R. Evans" 02-14-2008 09:02 PM

personalizing about:konqueror
 
Colin Pinkney said the following at 02/12/2008 05:02 PM :
> On Tuesday 12 Feb 2008, D. R. Evans wrote:
>> Where is the file that is displayed when I go to the URL "about:konqueror"?
>> I'd like to personalize that page to include some common destinations other
>> than just my home directory, but I haven't been able to find anything that
>> tells me which file is read when I go that URL.
>
> /usr/share/apps/konqueror/about/launch.html
>

Hmmm.... so it's stored outside the user's file hierarchy? That sucks. So I
guess that my follow-on question is: do you know how I make
"about:konqueror" load a different page than
/usr/share/apps/konqueror/about/launch.html?


(I thought that there'd be a nice easy way to configure this in some
initialization file somewhere under ~/.kde, but if there is, it seems to be
hidden rather well.)

Doc




--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users

nepal 02-14-2008 11:53 PM

personalizing about:konqueror
 
On Thursday 14 February 2008, D. R. Evans wrote:
> Hmmm.... so it's stored outside the user's file
> hierarchy? That sucks. So I guess that my follow-on
> question is: do you know how I make "about:konqueror"
> load a different page than
> /usr/share/apps/konqueror/about/launch.html?

what about removing or renaming the above launch.html file
and using the name "launch.html" to create a symbolic link
to the actual file you want to use.

nepal.

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users

Derek Broughton 02-15-2008 08:24 AM

personalizing about:konqueror
 
nepal wrote:

> On Thursday 14 February 2008, D. R. Evans wrote:
>> Hmmm.... so it's stored outside the user's file
>> hierarchy? That sucks. So I guess that my follow-on
>> question is: do you know how I make "about:konqueror"
>> load a different page than
>> /usr/share/apps/konqueror/about/launch.html?
>
> what about removing or renaming the above launch.html file
> and using the name "launch.html" to create a symbolic link
> to the actual file you want to use.

Most things in /usr/share/apps have corresponding overrides in
~/.kde/share/apps, so the first thing to try would be copying launch.html
to ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/about/launch.html and modifying that - and
sure enought, it works.
--
derek


--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users

Luís Silva 02-15-2008 08:34 AM

personalizing about:konqueror
 
> >> Hmmm.... so it's stored outside the user's file
> >> hierarchy? That sucks. So I guess that my follow-on
> >> question is: do you know how I make "about:konqueror"
> >> load a different page than
> >> /usr/share/apps/konqueror/about/launch.html?
> >
> > what about removing or renaming the above launch.html file
> > and using the name "launch.html" to create a symbolic link
> > to the actual file you want to use.
>
> Most things in /usr/share/apps have corresponding overrides in
> ~/.kde/share/apps, so the first thing to try would be copying launch.html
> to ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/about/launch.html and modifying that - and
> sure enought, it works.
Why not simply set your homepage to whatever file you want?
You can do it by going to Settings/Configure Konqueror.../Behavior and then
setting the Home URL to the file you want.

Cheers,
--
Luís A. C. Silva
lacsilva@gmail.com
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/S d()>$ s: a? C+++(+++)$>+++ UL+++ P@ L+++(+++)$>+++ !E---(---)>---
W++(++)>++ !N !o K--? !w---(---)?>--- O-(-) !M-(-)>- !V PS++(+) PE Y+ PGP-
t+>$ 5++ X++ !R? tv b++ DI+++(++)>+ !D G+ e+++? h?>$ !r?* !y**
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users

Derek Broughton 02-15-2008 09:11 AM

personalizing about:konqueror
 
Luís Silva wrote:

>> >> Hmmm.... so it's stored outside the user's file
>> >> hierarchy? That sucks. So I guess that my follow-on
>> >> question is: do you know how I make "about:konqueror"
>> >> load a different page than
>> >> /usr/share/apps/konqueror/about/launch.html?
>> >
>> > what about removing or renaming the above launch.html file
>> > and using the name "launch.html" to create a symbolic link
>> > to the actual file you want to use.
>>
>> Most things in /usr/share/apps have corresponding overrides in
>> ~/.kde/share/apps, so the first thing to try would be copying launch.html
>> to ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/about/launch.html and modifying that - and
>> sure enought, it works.

> Why not simply set your homepage to whatever file you want?
> You can do it by going to Settings/Configure Konqueror.../Behavior and
> then setting the Home URL to the file you want.

Well, that's what _I'd_ do - I didn't even know there was
an "about:konqueror" option until this came up. But since he asked... :-)
--
derek


--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users

"D. R. Evans" 02-15-2008 02:54 PM

personalizing about:konqueror
 
Derek Broughton said the following at 02/15/2008 02:24 AM :

> Most things in /usr/share/apps have corresponding overrides in
> ~/.kde/share/apps,

That is a gem. Thanks very much.

Doc



--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:17 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.