Old 02-12-2008, 10:09 PM
"Howard Coles Jr."

Default Where is cairo?

On Tuesday 12 February 2008 08:45:45 pm John Culleton wrote:
> The latest version of Scribus depends on a package called cairo, and my
> compile fails because of missing cairo elements. When I do
> apt-get install cairo
> the command fails because there is no deb called cairo. Is there another
> name I should be using?
> --
> John Culleton
> Resources for every author and publisher:
> http://wexfordpress.com/tex/shortlist.pdf
> http://wexfordpress.com/tex/packagers.pdf
> http://www.creativemindspress.com/newbiefaq.htm
> http://www.gropenassoc.com/TopLevelPages/reference%20desk.htm

there are several "cairo" packages, libcairo2, and libcairomm are installed on
mine, with the -dev packages.

--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:17 AM
"WANSTALL Malcolm"

John Culleton wrote:
>the command fails because there is no deb called cairo. Is there
>another name
>I should be using?

The Cairo Graphics website gives you instructions:

sudo apt-get install libcairo2-dev

So the libcairo2-dev package should be enough.

-Mal
----
QOTW - "He was a self-made man who owed his lack of success to nobody."
Joseph Heller
----

Old 02-14-2008, 12:04 AM
John Culleton

On Tuesday 12 February 2008 08:17:30 pm WANSTALL Malcolm wrote:
> John Culleton wrote:
> >the command fails because there is no deb called cairo. Is there
> >another name
> >I should be using?
>
> The Cairo Graphics website gives you instructions:
>
> sudo apt-get install libcairo2-dev
>
> So the libcairo2-dev package should be enough.
>
> -Mal

That plus python-dev did the trick.
--
John Culleton