Old 02-12-2008, 06:37 PM
"Tipton, Timothy"

Default Kernel Sync

Last night, after applying all the KDE updates that showed
up as needing updating, when I rebooted, after grub, the system threw an error,
something about “KERNEL PANIC – KERNAL UNABLE TO SYNC –
TRYING TO KILL <some process name> “

*

I cut power to the whole machine, and then tried to boot up
again, same result, repeated about 3 times and finally the system went into KDE
and I was able to get it up – my question is, has anyone else experienced
the same since applying said updates, and if so, what did you do to fix it?

*

Thanks in advance for any insight you may be able to
provide; I’m running 7.10.

*

Tipton

*

Statement of Confidentiality:

This message may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you receive this transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments.