-   -   Forcing use of non-existant display? (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/52847-forcing-use-non-existant-display.html)

Nils Kassube 02-11-2008 04:20 PM

j2@mupp.net wrote:
> I have a Kubuntu-based MythTV-system (Mythbuntu). I use a GS7300
> video card connected to my LG LCD-TV.
>
> However, i have noticed that if the TV is not turned on when i boot
> my system, i get no video, and X complains about display not found.

I don't know if this will work for an Nvidia card, but for an (old) ATI
card with TV out one could connect a 75 Ohm resistor in parallel to the
output. Then the TV out signal was always available, independent from the
power state of the TV.

Nils

02-11-2008 04:46 PM

Forcing use of non-existant display?

> I don't know if this will work for an Nvidia card, but for an (old)
ATI
> card with TV out one could connect a 75 Ohm resistor in parallel
to the
> output. Then the TV out signal was always available,
independent from the
> power state of the TV.

Well, considering
that my card _only_ has a DVI/HDMI-output.......