Old 02-11-2008, 03:24 PM
"Dotan Cohen"

Default Kontact Krashes Konstantly

On 11/02/2008, Derek Broughton <news@pointerstop.ca> wrote:
> Larry Hartman wrote:
>
> > I think I had this problem before....purge akregator and reinstall?....my
> > memory is fuzzy in how I fixed it.
> >
> Larry, please don't top post.
>
> > On Saturday 09 February 2008 12:19:26 pm Dotan Cohen wrote:
> >> I cannot open Kontact. As soon as it opens, it segfaults (11). There
> >> is no useful output. I suspect that the problem lies in the akregator
> >> component, which also will not open. All other components open fine.
>
> Larry's solution should work, but it's rather drastic.
>
> You could try just starting akregator and see if it's possible to
> reconfigure it. If that doesn't work, try renaming
> ~/.kde/share/config/akregatorrc and restarting akregator.

From the original post:

feisty@feisty-laptop:~$ akregator
KCrash: Application 'akregator' crashing...
akregator: ERROR: Communication problem with akregator, it probably crashed.

So that wouldn't work. I simply went through the config files until I
found the one that when removed, allowed akregator to be started. I
then recovered it's contents.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old 02-11-2008, 05:51 PM
Derek Broughton

Dotan Cohen wrote:

> On 11/02/2008, Derek Broughton <news@pointerstop.ca> wrote:
>> You could try just starting akregator and see if it's possible to
>> reconfigure it. If that doesn't work, try renaming
>> ~/.kde/share/config/akregatorrc and restarting akregator.
>
> From the original post:
>
> feisty@feisty-laptop:~$ akregator
> KCrash: Application 'akregator' crashing...
> akregator: ERROR: Communication problem with akregator, it probably
> crashed.

Sorry, trying to catch up on too many missed messages :-)
--
derek