Old 04-02-2011, 04:32 PM
"Goh Lip"

Default Bangarang video live streaming - Natty

I need help in finding the right codecs required to enable live video
streaming at Bangarang media player. I have no problem running this in
Maverick but when I installed Natty beta 1, the live streaming does not
seem to work well; there's audio but no video.

Obviously, I don't know what codecs I installed at Maverick to get this
working. and I am not sure if Natty beta versions are as yet ready to
run Bangarang well - (Kaffeine, as always, is not working in alpha's and
beta's Kubuntu's). But other than that, Bangarang plays all media formats
very well in Natty beta.

Hope you guys (meaning: and gals, right?) can help me out.

Thanks - Goh Lip

ps: the codecs (that I can remember) I installed in natty:

phonon:
Installed: 4:4.7.0really4.4.4-0ubuntu5
Candidate: 4:4.7.0really4.4.4-0ubuntu5

phonon-backend-xine:
Installed: 4:4.7.0really4.4.4-0ubuntu3
Candidate: 4:4.7.0really4.4.4-0ubuntu3

libxine-ffmpeg
N: Unable to locate package libxine-ffmpeg

xine:
Installed: (none)
Candidate: (none)

libxinerama1: