Old 03-31-2011, 02:13 PM
Bas Roufs

Default Urgently help needed to get back "Kontact". More than 50% solved!

Hello Johann

Thanks for your steps in the right direction.

For a first upload into google, you can directly import your *.ics file

via the Google calendar web interface (Settings-> Calendar Settings->

Calendars -> Import Calendar).

For syncing with korganizer, the akonadi-googledata resource works

reasonably OK, but for example it can't handle recurring events. It

did not satisfy my needs (syncing with Android smartphone via google).

A first attempt to sync my Nokia N900 with the laptop and Google via the akonadi-googledata resource delivers a similar result:syncing works for agenda-appointments, but not for other functionalities, like "tasks".

*

*I'm using GCALDaemon (http://gcaldaemon.sourceforge.net/) and am very

happy with the results. You can either have it gcaldaemon sync with a

local *.ics file on your hard disk (which would be the korganizer

calendar), or you can run a server on localhost and you define an

"online" calendar in korganizer to connect via http to localhost on

port 9090. The gcaldaemon documentation is very extensive.

Next week, I will try other methods - notably GCALDAEMON and DAVMAIL. I will report the results via the user forums on KDE-PIM and Kubuntu.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Respectfully yours,
Bas.

--