Old 03-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Brian Wootton

Default dud microphone input

My skype works perfectly except that no-one can hear me, including
the skype-echo service.
There is no mention of mic in Kmix.
Pulse Audio volume control>iinput devices says 'no input devices available'.
Phonon > system settings>audio capture>communication - 'internal audio
analog stereo' is greyed out.
I've checked the mic on another machine - AOK.
I've made sure the mic is plugged into the correct skt. and cold- booted the
machine. Have I now got a hardware problem?
Can't help thinking I'm missing something obvious but.... Any clues
any-one?

brian

Old 03-27-2011, 01:35 PM
Nils Kassube

Brian Wootton wrote:
> My skype works perfectly except that no-one can hear me, including
> the skype-echo service.
> There is no mention of mic in Kmix.
> Pulse Audio volume control>iinput devices says 'no input devices
> available'. Phonon > system settings>audio capture>communication -
> 'internal audio analog stereo' is greyed out.

I think you should run the program pavucontrol from the package with the
same name if you have problems with pulse audio.

Nils

Old 03-28-2011, 12:53 AM
Tom Bell

Did you left-click on the sound icon on your panel? Then
click on the MIXER button. Once the mixer is open, did
you click on Settings->Configure Channels. Then make sure
to drag the Mic icon to the Visible channels list?
I don't know if that is your problem or not, but it is
a way to check all the channels of your audio.
Of course, I am using KMix. You may be using something
different.
Good luck!

Tom

--
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? -- Decimus Iunius Iuvenalis (Juvenal), Roman Poet, late 1st, early 2nd century AD
("Who will protect us from the protectors?")

Old 03-28-2011, 10:46 AM
Georgi Kourtev

On Monday, March 28, 2011 03:53:59 Tom Bell wrote:
> Did you left-click on the sound icon on your panel? Then
> click on the MIXER button. Once the mixer is open, did
> you click on Settings->Configure Channels. Then make sure
> to drag the Mic icon to the Visible channels list?
> I don't know if that is your problem or not, but it is
> a way to check all the channels of your audio.
> Of course, I am using KMix. You may be using something
> different.
> Good luck!
>
> Tom
>
> > My skype works perfectly except that no-one can hear me, including
> > the skype-echo service.
> > There is no mention of mic in Kmix.
> > Pulse Audio volume control>iinput devices says 'no input devices
> > available'.
> > Phonon > system settings>audio capture>communication - 'internal audio
> > analog stereo' is greyed out.
> > I've checked the mic on another machine - AOK.
> > I've made sure the mic is plugged into the correct skt. and cold-
> > booted the
> > machine. Have I now got a hardware problem?
> >
> > Can't help thinking I'm missing something obvious but.... Any clues
> >
> > any-one?
> >
> > brian

This is the solution as Tom had suggested. Make sure that the CAPTURE is not
muted.
gk