Old 03-24-2011, 02:07 PM
Knapp

Default Kvirc

Kvirc is no longer working because when you try to sign on to freenode it says no and drops you because the 10.10 Kvirc is to old. Is a new one coming? Is there a PPA? I can't seem to find anything with my googling and can't even get onto irc to ask about the problem.

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!

Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer:
http://douglas.bespin.org/tcm/ztab1.htm

Open Source Sci-Fi mmoRPG Game project.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:52 PM
Clay Weber

On Thursday, March 24, 2011 11:07:10 AM Knapp wrote:
> Kvirc is no longer working because when you try to sign on to freenode it
> says no and drops you because the 10.10 Kvirc is to old. Is a new one
> coming? Is there a PPA? I can't seem to find anything with my googling and
> can't even get onto irc to ask about the problem.
Plugging "kvirc ppa" into the search engine brings up this as the first link:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kvirc
I forgot about this resource on launchpad for packages. At the bottom of the
page you can see all the available versions, as well as a link to search for
PPA's
this one seems to be the best bet:
https://launchpad.net/~alex-p/+archive/notesalexp
Can't vouch for the quality, but it seems to be kept fairly up-to-date.

Of course there is always Konversation , Quassel and xchat if this sort of
security/vulnerability situation happens again

--
Clay Weber
http://kubuntuforums.net

Old 03-25-2011, 02:00 PM
Knapp

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 1:52 AM, Clay Weber <claydoh@claydoh.com> wrote:

On Thursday, March 24, 2011 11:07:10 AM Knapp wrote:

> Kvirc is no longer working because when you try to sign on to freenode it

> says no and drops you because the 10.10 Kvirc is to old. Is a new one

> coming? Is there a PPA? I can't seem to find anything with my googling and

> can't even get onto irc to ask about the problem.

Plugging "kvirc ppa" into *the search engine brings up this as the first link:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kvirc

I forgot about this resource on launchpad for packages. At the bottom of the

page you can see all the available versions, as well as a link to search for

PPA's

this one seems to be the best bet:

https://launchpad.net/~alex-p/+archive/notesalexp

Can't vouch for the quality, but *it seems to be kept fairly up-to-date.

Of course there is always Konversation , Quassel and xchat if this sort of

security/vulnerability situation happens again

--

Clay Weber

http://kubuntuforums.net

http://flyballmaine.com

http://emacdogsports.com

Thanks!*Strangely xchat gave me the same error.*

Old 03-25-2011, 10:48 PM
Clay Weber

On Friday, March 25, 2011 11:00:45 AM Knapp wrote:

> Thanks! Strangely xchat gave me the same error.
Just to see, I fired up Lucid in a VM and installed KVirc, and promptly got
banned .

The ban should end after a period of time. If it doesnt, you may have to email
Freenode Support <support@freenode.net>, with the error message, which
should look something like this:

[asimov.freenode.net] *** Looking up your hostname...
* You are banned from this server- Your client is vulnerable to remote attacks
(CVE-2010-2785). Please update KVirc to at least version 4.0.2 or svn r4696.
Contact support@freenode.net with questions.
* Unknown: ERROR Closing Link: cpe-11-11-11-111.maine.res.rr.com (***
Banned )

--
Clay Weber
http://kubuntuforums.net