Old 03-22-2011, 07:35 AM
Georgi Kourtev

Default Desktop effects slow monitor performance

Hi all,

I post few times here with issue related to enabled effects and the refresh
rate of the screen (the latter being really bad while th effects are on). This
I have on three machines with rather really new hardware (all with 10.10, KDE
4.6.1).

Some people here suggested ides but none of them worked. Meanwhile I found
this:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=3099721.0

Before I give a try, can anyone share what is the difference of using OpenGL
and Xrender? Would it be advisable to follow the suggested by this post, or
the solution is elsewhere? As usual -- any ideas are appreciated!
gk