Old 02-08-2008, 04:02 AM
NekoMiMi Nju

Default KDE 4 unable to lock screen or switch user How to Fix

Hi all:

Running KDE 4 on Kubuntu 7.10 I can not lock the session, nor can I switch
users. Attempting to lock the session blanks the screen and presents me with
a dialog that says: Unable to lock the session, reason: No appropriate
greeter configured. Where do I configure said greeter?

When I attempt to switch users, I get presented with the runner applet. Not
quite what I had in mind.

thanks

-- chris

Old 02-13-2008, 08:36 AM
Nils

have the same problem, would also like to know where to config the greeter..

Old 02-13-2008, 07:33 PM
"Andrew Jarrett"

On Feb 13, 2008 4:36 AM, Nils <n.bruenggel@gmail.com> wrote:
> have the same problem, would also like to know where to config the greeter..

The problem isn't that the greeter isn't configured, the problem (I
think) is that there is no greeter. Try:
sudo apt-get install kdm-kde4

This should resolve the problem.

--
45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B2