FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Kubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-07-2008, 03:06 PM
"Dotan Cohen"
 
Default Kmix loosing Capture Mix while working with Skype

On 07/02/2008, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:
> When I end a Skype call, with the Kmix mixer window open, I see that
> the Capture mix slider goes all the way down the second a call is
> disconnected. Why does this happen, and how is it to be prevented?
> Thanks in advance.

I just noticed while speaking on Skype that the Capture Mix goes down
without any user intervention.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il
א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-*-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 02-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Donn
 
Default Kmix loosing Capture Mix while working with Skype

> I just noticed while speaking on Skype that the Capture Mix goes down
> without any user intervention.
I'm thinking a nail through the monitor, just under the knob of the slider...
That, or duck-tape.


Sorry, no idea about this one, just being foolish.
d

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 02-07-2008, 03:34 PM
"Jussi Schultink"
 
Default Kmix loosing Capture Mix while working with Skype

On Feb 7, 2008 6:18 PM, Donn <donn.ingle@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I just noticed while speaking on Skype that the Capture Mix goes down
> > without any user intervention.
> I'm thinking a nail through the monitor, just under the knob of the slider...
> That, or duck-tape.
>
>
> Sorry, no idea about this one, just being foolish.
> d
>
>
> --
> kubuntu-users mailing list
> kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
>

I think this may be the option in skype: options -> sound devices ->
allow skype to automatically adjust my mixer levels.

Hope this helps

Jussi

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 02-07-2008, 04:17 PM
"Dotan Cohen"
 
Default Kmix loosing Capture Mix while working with Skype

On 07/02/2008, Jussi Schultink <jussi01@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 7, 2008 6:18 PM, Donn <donn.ingle@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I just noticed while speaking on Skype that the Capture Mix goes down
> > > without any user intervention.
> > I'm thinking a nail through the monitor, just under the knob of the slider...
> > That, or duck-tape.
> >
> I think this may be the option in skype: options -> sound devices ->
> allow skype to automatically adjust my mixer levels.

Thank you Jussi, I'll see if that helps. Now that I've taken the nail
out of the LCD screen (which did _not_ prevent the slider from moving)
how can I patch the hole? The pixels where the nail were are not
lighting, even though the nail is no longer in place.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il
א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-*-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 02-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Donn
 
Default Kmix loosing Capture Mix while working with Skype

> Now that I've taken the nail
> out of the LCD screen (which did _not_ prevent the slider from moving)
> how can I patch the hole? The pixels where the nail were are not
> lighting, even though the nail is no longer in place.
Lol. That'll learn me

d

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 02-12-2008, 10:48 AM
Constantinos Maltezos
 
Default Kmix loosing Capture Mix while working with Skype

On Thursday 07 February 2008 9:53:16 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> When I end a Skype call, with the Kmix mixer window open, I see that
> the Capture mix slider goes all the way down the second a call is
> disconnected. Why does this happen, and how is it to be prevented?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Dotan Cohen
>
> http://what-is-what.com
> http://gibberish.co.il
> א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-*-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת
>
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

I don't know if you've tried this, but I had the same problem until I looked
at the options. Go to options and click on "Sound Devices" and you'll see a
checkbox that says "Allow Skype to automatically adjust my mixer levels". If
that's checked, try unchecking it and see if that helps.

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 02-12-2008, 10:09 PM
"Michael Hirsch"
 
Default Kmix loosing Capture Mix while working with Skype

On Feb 7, 2008 10:17 AM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/02/2008, Jussi Schultink <jussi01@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Feb 7, 2008 6:18 PM, Donn <donn.ingle@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > I just noticed while speaking on Skype that the Capture Mix goes down
> > > > without any user intervention.
> > > I'm thinking a nail through the monitor, just under the knob of the slider...
> > > That, or duck-tape.
> > >
> > I think this may be the option in skype: options -> sound devices ->
> > allow skype to automatically adjust my mixer levels.
>
> Thank you Jussi, I'll see if that helps. Now that I've taken the nail
> out of the LCD screen (which did _not_ prevent the slider from moving)
> how can I patch the hole? The pixels where the nail were are not
> lighting, even though the nail is no longer in place.

Go to your local computer store and ask for "Pixel Restorer". It
comes in a can and you spray it on. I'm sure you'll have no trouble
finding it.

Michael

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 02-13-2008, 05:55 AM
"Dotan Cohen"
 
Default Kmix loosing Capture Mix while working with Skype

On 13/02/2008, Michael Hirsch <mdhirsch@gmail.com> wrote:
> Go to your local computer store and ask for "Pixel Restorer". It
> comes in a can and you spray it on. I'm sure you'll have no trouble
> finding it.
>
> Michael
>

Thanks, Michael. The "Pixel Restorer" filled the hole but only
displays black and white in Linux. I sanded it best I could, but it is
not 100% smooth. So I am hoping for a new driver update which should
support AIGLX and textured surfaces.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il
א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-*-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:28 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org