-   -   Backlight doesn't stay off (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/49515-backlight-doesnt-stay-off.html)

Rolf Kutz 02-07-2008 01:06 PM

Backlight doesn't stay off

Hello,

when the screen of my laptop is turned of (either
by the powermanagement or manual with xset dpms
force off, the backlight is switching on again
after a second (the screen stays black, but you
can see the light, also the screensaver is still
active, so it's not an event caused by mouse
movement or similar). This doesn't happen when I
start the X-session in failsafe mode (without KDE,
but just an xterm), so I guess something in KDE is
waking up the backlight. Any idea what could cause
this.

regards, Rolf

Hardware: Thinkpad T60 with Intel graphics.
--
... Expediency asks the question, 'Is it politic?' ...