Old 02-24-2011, 03:05 AM
Larry Alkoff

Default ~/Desktop disappeared

I just installed Kubuntu 10.04-2 LTS and somehow my ~/Desktop has
disappeared.

Luckily I have a backup from the old Kubuntu system with ~/Desktop file.
However, it does not appear in the gui.

How do I make the ~/Desktop gui folder reappear?
It seems to be special since it normally appears in each of my (usually)
12 ~/Desktops.

Larry Alkoff

Old 02-24-2011, 07:23 AM
Alvin

On Thursday 24 February 2011 05:05:39 Larry Alkoff wrote:
> I just installed Kubuntu 10.04-2 LTS and somehow my ~/Desktop has
> disappeared.
>
> Luckily I have a backup from the old Kubuntu system with ~/Desktop file.
> However, it does not appear in the gui.
>
> How do I make the ~/Desktop gui folder reappear?
> It seems to be special since it normally appears in each of my (usually)
> 12 ~/Desktops.

Add Widgets -> Folder View
In 'Folder View Settings': Location -> Show the Desktop folder

The location of the desktop folder is usually ~/Desktop, but you can change
that in System Settings -> Account Details -> Paths

Old 02-24-2011, 04:11 PM
gene heskett

On Thursday, February 24, 2011 12:03:24 pm Alvin did opine:

> On Thursday 24 February 2011 05:05:39 Larry Alkoff wrote:
> > I just installed Kubuntu 10.04-2 LTS and somehow my ~/Desktop has
> > disappeared.
> >
> > Luckily I have a backup from the old Kubuntu system with ~/Desktop
> > file. However, it does not appear in the gui.
> >
> > How do I make the ~/Desktop gui folder reappear?
> > It seems to be special since it normally appears in each of my
> > (usually) 12 ~/Desktops.
>
> Add Widgets -> Folder View
> In 'Folder View Settings': Location -> Show the Desktop folder
>
> The location of the desktop folder is usually ~/Desktop, but you can
> change that in System Settings -> Account Details -> Paths

I have a somewhat similar problem. After a reboot, I only have a cashew in
the upper right corner of screen 1, its missing on the other 9 workspaces,
so I have no background, just black with the pager, clock, menu in the
bottom bar.

Any clues?

Thanks.

--