Old 02-22-2011, 12:36 AM
Larry Alkoff

Default How to load urls in Thunderbird using Firefox?

Recently I installed Kubuntu 10.04-2 LTS
but lost my ability to click on a link in an email
and have it load.

How do I set Thunderbird to start urls in Firefox?

Larry Alkoff

Old 02-22-2011, 01:46 AM
"Goh Lip"

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 09:36:25 +0800, Larry Alkoff
Recently I installed Kubuntu 10.04-2 LTS
but lost my ability to click on a link in an email
and have it load.
How do I set Thunderbird to start urls in Firefox?

preferences--->attachment--->content, action....
set to /usr/bin/firefox
--
I used to have an open mind,
but my brains kept falling out.

Old 02-22-2011, 12:45 PM
Larry Alkoff

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 09:36:25 +0800, Larry Alkoff
Recently I installed Kubuntu 10.04-2 LTS
but lost my ability to click on a link in an email
and have it load.
How do I set Thunderbird to start urls in Firefox?

preferences--->attachment--->content, action....
set to /usr/bin/firefox

My version 3.1.1.7 used in Kubuntu 10.04.2 LTS under preferences ->
attachments does not have a content item for urls and AFAICS there is no
way to add it.

Something in :about config?

Larry

Old 02-22-2011, 01:42 PM
"tv.debian@googlemail.com"

22/02/2011 14:45, Larry Alkoff wrote:
> On 02/21/2011 08:46 PM, Goh Lip wrote:
>> On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 09:36:25 +0800, Larry Alkoff
>> <labradley@mindspring.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Recently I installed Kubuntu 10.04-2 LTS
>>> but lost my ability to click on a link in an email
>>> and have it load.
>>> How do I set Thunderbird to start urls in Firefox?
>>
>> preferences--->attachment--->content, action....
>> set to /usr/bin/firefox
>

> My version 3.1.1.7 used in Kubuntu 10.04.2 LTS under preferences ->
> attachments does not have a content item for urls and AFAICS there is no
> way to add it.
>
> Something in :about config?
>
> Larry

Hi, maybe in the advanced settings configuration editor (about:config)
search for the strings:

network.protocol-handler.app.http
network.protocol-handler.app.https

and set the value to whatever browser you are using.

Hope it helps.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:54 PM
Steve Morris

On 22/02/11 12:36, Larry Alkoff wrote:
> Recently I installed Kubuntu 10.04-2 LTS
> but lost my ability to click on a link in an email
> and have it load.
>
> How do I set Thunderbird to start urls in Firefox?
>
> Larry Alkoff

Hi Larry, try going to kde's 'System Settings -> Default Applications'
and check that the web browser is set to firefox. Failing that you may
have to check what mimetype the urls are within thunderbird and use
'System Settings -> File Associations' to set that mimetype to firefox.
For me though setting the default browser in 'Default Applications'
usually works. One other thing to check is in Firefox's preferences to
make sure you have checked the option to make firefox the default browser.

regards,
Steve