Old 02-21-2011, 10:46 AM
Alan Hoffmeister

Default Kubuntu isn't saving my resolution option

Hello guyz!
I need to work whit a larger monitor than that one that my notebook have. My default resolution option is:VGA1 (connected)Resolution: 1280 x 1024

LVDS1 (disabled)
But when I reboot the PC, I have both VGA1 and LVDS1 enabled and whit a resolution of 1024 x 728.
How can I really save this configs?

Tanks!

Old 02-21-2011, 09:58 PM
George Dvorak

I need to work whit a larger monitor than that one that my notebook have. My default resolution option is:VGA1 (connected)Resolution: 1280 x 1024

LVDS1 (disabled)
But when I reboot the PC, I have both VGA1 and LVDS1 enabled and whit a resolution of 1024 x 728.
How can I really save this configs?

Tanks!

I had this problem until I loaded the driver for my display (in my case Nvidia) and set the screen resolution there.

George Dvorak

Old 02-22-2011, 01:42 AM
"Goh Lip"

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 08:58:37 +0800, Alan Hoffmeister <alangtk@gmail.com>
My drive is an Intel onboard, I don't think I have have such option.

Do you have /etc/X11/xorg.conf?
Save your settings there.

Regards - Goh Lip

Old 02-22-2011, 01:55 AM