-   -   Synaptic: option "Add downloaded packages" does not work. (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/49118-synaptic-option-add-downloaded-packages-does-not-work.html)

Bas Roufs 02-06-2008 09:41 PM

Synaptic: option "Add downloaded packages" does not work.

Hello everybody

After generating a script containing a list of 'downloaded packages' at
the desktop PC, I try to install the same software packages on another
PC with Kubuntu 7.10 via SYNAPTIC --> FILE >>> option "Add downloaded
packages". After choosing this option, I do get to see the directory
where I have copied the script file with the downloaded packages list
from the other PC. However, I simply do not manage to open this list via
that option. The file I need (and also other files) have been made
nearly invisible in order to indicate that I can't access it - in spite
of the fact that I run Synaptic only in the administrative mode. A
friend who also works with Synaptic in Kubuntu 7.10, does not have this
problem - however, he neither I have been able so far to discover which
difference from the point of view of software settings does cause this
problem in my case. Do you have any clue? I would highly appreciate your
feedback.

Respectfully Yours,

Bas.

--
*************************
Viaconsensus

Ulrich Grn 02-07-2008 07:42 AM

Am Mittwoch, 6. Februar 2008 23:41:44 schrieb Bas Roufs:
> Hello everybody
>
> After generating a script containing a list of 'downloaded packages' at
> the desktop PC, I try to install the same software packages on another
> PC with Kubuntu 7.10 via SYNAPTIC --> FILE >>> option "Add downloaded
> packages". After choosing this option, I do get to see the directory
> where I have copied the script file with the downloaded packages list
> from the other PC. However, I simply do not manage to open this list via
> that option. The file I need (and also other files) have been made
> nearly invisible in order to indicate that I can't access it - in spite
> of the fact that I run Synaptic only in the administrative mode. A
> friend who also works with Synaptic in Kubuntu 7.10, does not have this
> problem - however, he neither I have been able so far to discover which
> difference from the point of view of software settings does cause this
> problem in my case. Do you have any clue? I would highly appreciate your
> feedback.
>
> Respectfully Yours,
>
> Bas.

Hi Bas,

I looked at my Synaptic with the same option "Add downloaded packages" and I
get the same 'error'. Now it came to me that this option is intended only for
installing .deb-files that way.
For me it works if I use the uppermost option 'Vorgemerkte nderungen
einlesen' (German), the option with the directory symbol.
Hope that this works.

--
Groet,
Ulrich.